Atomos has just released a new firmware update AtomOS 10.51 for the Ninja V. In addition, this update comes hot-off the heels of AtomOS 10.5 update, which was released just a couple of weeks back enabling 5.8K and 4K ProRes RAW from Z CAM cine cameras.
Furthermore, AtomOS 10.51 brings improvements and refinements to the user interface and workflow. In addition, Z CAM E2 series users will enjoy extended camera control via the Atomos Ninja V touchscreen.
What’s New in Firmware Update AtomOS 10.51 for Ninja V
Extended Camera Control via optional Atomos USB to Serial cable
Z Cam Navigation:
- Z Cam menu display can be called up from the Ninja V touchscreen via the camera control menu.
- Note: camera control menu is not possible when recording RAW via HDMI.
- Navigate the camera menu with Menu, Arrow and Enter keys directly via the Ninja V touch screen as well as via the on-camera buttons.
- Function added in Ninja V record menu to force menus to remain active in cases where recording menu and display info is required.
AtomHDR Monitoring Support:
- Support added to AtomHDR engine for Z Cam Zlog2 Gamma when recording video output for recording in ProRes or DNx.
- HLG and PQ monitoring modes allow for the extended dynamic range to be expanded beyond the 6 stop limit of Rec.709 without the need for exposure compensation.
- Native mode allows for view of Zlog2 in its native compressed LOG form.
- Existing Zlog2 3D LUTs can be allied this input for viewing.
- Rec.709 applies a conversion Rec.709 and will may show clipped highlights.
- LUT monitoring option allows you to apply your chosen 3D LUT to the image for monitoring. The LUT will also be applied to the waveform trace, can be burnt in to the recording and/or looped out.
- Zlog-2 is output and recorded in Full range and your NLE workflow should be set to match this.
- The legalize option can be applied to LOG if your NLE workflow requires Legal range footage.
- When using this workflow HLG and PQ monitoring functions are not available.
- If using 3D LUTs with this workflow ensure the input range of the LUT is defined as legal.
Battery Capacity Warning:
- Separate pop up menu will warn of low battery capacity on either camera or Ninja V.
- Refinement of waveform graticules for monitoring in Rec.709, HLG and PQ modes.
- Fixed issue where the top information bar may report an incorrect monitor mode of LUT.
- Changed the naming convention of AtomX SYNC devices.
- Improvements to the performance of file browser when in playback mode.
- Improved the compatibility of the AutoHDR function in AtomHDR which could cause the Ninja V to intermittently freeze.
Head over to Atomos to download the latest update.