Canon just announced the new C300 Mark III, and now ARRI confirm PCA compatibility. ARRI’s Pro Camera Accessories for the C500 Mark II are compatible with the C300 Mk3, since both cameras share the same body.
Furthermore, this is a great move by Canon, to unify the design of the C500 Mark II and C300 Mark 3. This ensures compatibility of most accessories made for these cameras.
The latest Canon C300 Mark 3 features a brand new 4K Super 35 sensor with Dual Gain Output enabling extended dynamic range. In addition, the camera can record 4K/120fps in Cinema RAW Light and XF-AVC 10bit 4:2:2 internal codec.
Canon C300 Mark III Features
- New Super 35 4K CMOS sensor with 16+ stops latitude
- DIVIC DV7 image processor
- DPAF (Dual Pixel AF)
- Same body as C500 Mark II
- Modular camera body design
- Dual Gain Output
- Internal Canon RAW Light recording
- XF-AVC 10bit 4:2:2 ALL-I and Long-GOP internal codecs
- 4K/120fps in Canon RAW Light or XF-AVC
- 2K (crop sensor) up to 150fps
- ISO up to 102,400
- Dual CFExpress card slots
- Record proxies to SD card
- In-Body Electronic Image Stabilization
- Optional Extension Units for V-lock and more XLR I/O
- Available in Canon EF mount
- Optional PL mount (interchangeable mount)
- B4 lens mount adapters compatible
- Compatible with Canon C700/C500 Mark II EVF
- Compatible with Canon C200 touchscreen monitor unit
- 1,750 kg
- Pre-order: Canon C300 Mark II – $10,999 at B&H
To learn more about the C300 Mark III/C500 Mark II ARRI PCA, check out the video below.
In this ARRI tech tip below, you can see how the ARRI PCA top, base and side brackets offer multiple mounting options for viewfinders or other accessories.
ARRI PCA is a division within ARRI specializing in the manufacture of high-quality camera system accessories.
And these are not just made for ARRI, but also third party cameras. Likewise, such cameras include, Canon, RED, Sony, Panasonic and others.
To learn more about the ARRI pro camera accessories, head over to ARRI.