ARRI has just released Alexa LF SUP 4.3 update for the Alexa LF large-format cinema camera. The company refers to firmware updates for their cameras as SUP, or Software Update Package. Therefore, the latest ALEXA LF SUP 4.3 makes some improvements to the MAGNIFICATION indication and also includes bug fixes.
SUP 4.3 – New Magnification Icons
This update includes useful enhancements to the usability of the monitoring overlays and the use of the ALEXA LF camera with ARRI Rental DNA and Cooke /i lenses.
The main improvement in SUP 4.3 is to Magnification. Now, instead of the orange lines that some camera operators have found distracting, ARRI has included special Magnification icons in the status overlay area.
Furthermore, those new icons will indicate when the MAGNIFICATION setting leads to more image area being recorded than being shown on MON OUT and/or viewfinder.
You can learn more about the Alexa LF large-format sensor and available resolution formats below:
Also, ARRI say they are working on a similar firmware update for the ALEXA Mini LF and ALEXA 65, which should arrive soon.
Head over to ARRI here to download SUP 4.3.
ARRI ALEXA LF Features
- Large-format sensor
- ARRI ALEV III (A2X) CMOS sensor
- (4448 x 3096) 36.70 x 25.54 mm
- LF Open Gate ProRes 4.5K: 4448 x 3096
- LF Open Gate ARRIRAW 4.5K: 4448 x 3096
- LF 16:9 ProRes HD: 3840 x 2160
- LF 16:9 ProRes 2K: 3840 x 2160
- LF 16:9 ProRes UHD: 3840 x 2160
- LF 16:9 ARRIRAW UHD: 3840 x 2160
- LF 2.39:1 ProRes 4.5K: 4448 x 1856
- LF 2.39:1 ARRIRAW 4.5K: 4448 x 1856
- ARRI Colour Science for easy matching to other ARRI cameras
- LPL mount for Signature Primes and other Large Format Cine Lenses