The much-awaited Aputure LS 600D Pro LED is now available to pre-order for $1,890 and will ship in early December. Announced earlier this year alongside the P300C NOVA, the 600D is the new flagship Aputure LED.
Also, it is the most powerful LED that Aputure has ever made with a light output comparable to a 1200 HMI or Joker 800. This is quite an impressive spec given its size, price, and footprint.
Apart from adding the “Pro” in the model name, as far as I can see, design-wide not much has changed from the previously announced specs and features.
Aputure LS 600D Pro Quick Features/Specs
- 8,500+ lux at 3m with the Hyper-Reflector
- 29,300+ lux at 3m with the Aputure F10 Fresnel
- Comparable to a 1,200W HMI or Joker 800
- 0-100% stepless dimming control
- CRI ≥ 96, TLCI ≥ 96, SSI (D55): 72
- Dust & Light Rain Weather-Resistant
- Multiple Control Methods
- Dual Battery Plate Power Supply
- supports Multiple Voltages at Half or Full Power
- 50% Output with 2x V-Mount / Gold Mount Batteries
- 100% Full Power with 2x V-Mount / Gold Mount Batteries
- Can Charge V-Mount / Gold Mount Batteries When Plugged into AC Power
- Supports 48V DC Input Power @ 15A
- Optimized LS 600 Series Hyper Reflector for Increased Output
- Accepts Bowens mount Light Modifiers
- Curved, Handbrake-Locking Yoke with 360degrees rotation
- Dual Junior/Baby Pin for quick and easy mounting
- Separate Control Box for a lighter head lamp footprint
- 6m weatherproof locking Neutrik power cable
- Built-in Lightning Clamp Quick Release Plate
- 4 Dimming Curves:
- Linear, Exponential, Log, S-Curve
- 8 Built-in Lighting FX
- Pre-order: $1,890 at B&H / Aputure
Unleash the Power of LED
LED lighting technology is surely taking over commonly used older gen fixtures on a huge range of productions from both ends of the budget spectrum. And while larger and bigger productions will continue to use HMI’s for a long time, super-powerful single-source LED lights are sweeping the mid and low-budget production sectors. Their price-to-performance and usability benefits are just far to great to ignore!
The new 600D Pro from Aputure is one of the brightest single-source LEDs on the market. With an impressive output equivalent of that of a traditional 1.2K HMI, gaffers can still power 2 or 3 LS600d’s from a regular US household circuit; something not possible with similar class HMI fixtures. This is possible due to the 720W approximate power-draw of the 600D Pro.
Versatile Power Options and Sidus Link Compatibility
Naturally, with great light output, come serious power requirements. However, despite it’s targeted user base of gaffers, cinematographers and other pro users, the 600D Pro is surprisingly agile in the power department.
If you want to get the full potential of the light, you have to use 2 x 28V large capacity/high-power draw V-mount or Gold-mount batteries when you are away from a mains power source. However, for situations where you need only half the output, you can also use 14.4V batteries.
Pro users will be delighted to know the 600d Pro comes with built-in wireless control. This includes full compatibility with the Sidus Link app as well as wireless DMX control via Luminair.
In addition, the 600d also comes with 8 pre-installed lighting FX including fireworks, paparazzi, lightning, faulty bulb, television, pulsing, strobe, and explosions.
Bowens Mount and F10 Fresnel with Barn Doors for more Light Control
The LS 600d Pro has a native Bowens S-mount making it compatible with a huge range of light modifiers including the Aputure F10 Fresnel and 8-leaf Barn doors.
In addition, the 10-inch fresnel attachment can spot the beam to 15 degrees thanks to the intuitive ring design. Furthermore, the F10 fresnel features a true glass, dual-lens optical design enabling it to double the output to 200,000 lux at 1 meter.
High TLCI / CRI and 0 to 100% Smooth Brightness Control
Furthermore, the Aputure LS 600d Pro boasts impressive color quality metrics including a TLCI of 95+ and SSI of 72, giving cinematographers peace of mind they can mix and match with other professional LEDs and non-LED fixtures on set. And unlike HMI lights, the new Aputure 600d Pro is can be easily and smoothly dimmed from 0 to 100%.