Aputure launches their much anticipated Accent B7c 8 light kit with charging case for indie filmmakers, gaffers, and cinematographers. The kit will cost $799, and you can now pre-order from authorized dealers such as B&H Photo/Video.
Designed for indie-filmmakers, set lighting technicians, and rental houses, this kit allows users to simultaneously store, protect, and charge up to 8 x Accent B7c RGBWW LED bulbs. These should be plenty of practicals for most sets.
As most of you are already familiar, the Accent B7c is a battery-operated 7W RGBWW color-mixing LED light bulb, and the first product in Aputure’s Accent family of “practical” LED lights built for filmmakers.
Charge, Protect, and Transport 8 x Accent B7c RGBWW LED Bulbs
Furthermore, the case included in this kit serves also as a charging base for the bulbs. Equipped with E27 lamp sockets and a standard IEC AC Cable, filmmakers can easily charge their B7c bulbs in one place.
As someone who already owns a couple of Aputure B7c bulbs, the most frustrating part is the lack of USB-C input, which requires me to charge them in a live lamp socket. This is far from ideal, and this charging case will be the perfect solution.
However, as of now, the B7c charging case is not available yet as a separate purchase. Don’t worry though, Aputure has said they will make the case available separately later in 2021.
Yes, the Charging Case as a Separate Item is in the Works
We certainly hope this happens sooner rather than later. As there are plenty of filmmakers and content creators, who don’t need 8 bulbs, but rather 3-4 at most. Therefore, this case becomes a must-have accessory for any Accent B7c owner.
Another cool feature of the Accent B7c is that it matches the color temperature range of the Nova P300c soft panel with a wide color temperature range of 2,000K-10,000K. And when combined with Sidus Link’s SourceMatch feature, it can match nearly any white light source.
In addition, the B7c has some unique features up its sleeve. Unlike some competitors, the Aputure smart bulb has on-board buttons for both brightness and CCT control. This allows users to adjust intensity and CCT presets in a few simple clicks. And you don’t even have to be connected it to the Sidus Link app.
Unique Push-Pull Sockets
This is no simple charging case though. The Accent B7c charging has features unique E27 lamp socket designs. These do not require any twisting or fiddling; just pull bulbs out or push them into the B7c 8-Light Charging Case.
Furthermore, the technology built into the push-pull lamp sockets, also utilizes a spring-loaded socket cover to protect users from unwanted electrical shocks. The 8-Light Charging Case also comes with extra fuses to ensure that replacements are quick and straightforward.
Aputure Accent B7c Features and Tech Specs
- 7W RGBWW LED Smart Bulb
- Standard E26/E27 Light Bulb Socket
- On-board Controls
- Built-in heat resistant battery
- 70+ min. at maximum output
- can be charged in around 2 hours
- Fully-Adjustable CCT range of 2,000K to 10,000K
- Average CRI 95+, TLCI 96+
- SSI (Tungsten): 85, SSI (D55): 74
- RGB Colour Tunability with HSI (Hue, Saturation & Intensity)
- Covers 90%+ of Rec.2020 Colour Space
- Smooth Dimming from 0-100% without colour shift
- 9 Built-in Lighting FX:
- Paparazzi, Fireworks
- Faulty Bulb, Lightning, TV
- Party, Pulsing, Cop Car, and Fire
- Sidus Link App Compatible; Firmware Upgradeable
- Wireless Bluetooth Control up to 80m
- Two Power Modes:
- Standard/AC Mode – allows you to plug into an active lamp and use it as a standard bulb with on/off from external switch.
- Battery/DC Mode – uses the built-in battery
- Can be charged while in use*
- as long as internal heat does not get too high
- and in certain very hot environments
- Passively-cooled Aluminium-alloy Heatsink
To learn more head over to Aputure’s website here.
Pricing and Availability
- Pre-order at B&H: $799 USD – Aputure B7c 8-light Kit with charging case