Angelbird has just announced CFexpress 2.0 cards in the Type B form factor with capacities up to 4TB. The popular memory cards and SSD maker says its latest CFexpress AV PRO cards have been “engineered for maximum sustained performance, offer protection from overheating and operate at a reduced power draw”.
Furthermore, capacities start from 256 GB and go up to 2 TB at launch. In addition, Angelbird say they will also bring a massive 4TB card to market soon.
Pricing starts at €276 for the 256GB capacity and €1,080 for the 2TB (incl. VAT). North American pricing starts at $249.99 USD – pre-order at B&H here.
Designed with 4K, 6K, and 8K raw video in mind
Moreover, the new cards are said to be capable of sustained minimum write speeds of 1000 MB/s throughout the entire capacity of the card. Canon C300 Mark III/C500 Mark II or Canon EOS R5 owners should take a look at these.
Historically, Angelbird SD cards and SSDs have had a solid reputation, and it appears that their CFexpress AV PRO cards should follow suit. In addition, the new Type B CFExpress cards are said to features the company’s “Y1 super-processor” and Stable Stream™ technology.
This means users get the benefit of proven and reliable sustained performance for ultra-high frame rate captures up to 12K resolution.
Angelbird CFexpress XT rated for up to 12K resolution video!
And for those video creators who want to the absolute fastest cards for their raw video capture, Angelbird has their CFexpress XT cards. Built for maximum speed, the XT cards are even faster than the AV PRO version offering extended performance at a minimum 1,480 MB/s sustained write throughout the duration of every recording session.
According to the manufacturer, the CFexpress XT card are currently the highest sustained speed recording available in the market. And they are also rated for extended recordings up to 12K resolution!
(Note: at the moment, no 12K cameras exist that take CFexpress cards; The Blackmagic URSA 12K records onto CFast 2.0 or SSDs).
Furthermore, the Angelbird CFExpress XT cards are available in the following capacities:
- 330 GB CFExpress XT
- 660GB CFExpress XT
- 1320 GB (1.3TB) CFExpress XT – coming soon
And the pricing on the CFexpress XT starts at €600 inc. VAT for the 330GB capacity. They are also available directly from Angelbird.
Angelbird AV PRO CFexpress Features
- Highest sustained performance recording with min. write speed of 1000 MB/s for the entire capacity of the card
- Highest capacity CFexpress 2.0 Type B available (AV PRO range):
- Capacities: 256 GB, 512GB, 1TB, 2TB, and soon 4TB
- Fastest CFexpress 2.0 Cards – XT range:
- Capacities: 330GB, 660GB, and 1320GB
- Y1 super-processor designed specifically for working with RAW photo and video files
- Efficiently preserves battery life and card endurance
- Adaptive thermal management to protect the card, camera, and your content
- Quality production MADE IN AUSTRIA
- Free data recovery service on any hardware issues or file retrieval
You can order them from authorised dealers such as B&H via the link here.
For those of you in Europe you can also order via your local dealer or direct from Angelbird here.